There is an entire section ("Men's Interest", I believe, is the shelf talker, a problem in and of itself) that I find distasteful; most if not all covers in this section are adorned with scantily-clad and provocatively-posed ladies. Magazines such as Cosmopolitan (note: second Google search result for this magazine refers to certain positions one may attempt in certain activities. Oh bother!) consistently bother me, and even quasi-reputable publications like Vanity Fair have recently been less than pleasant viewing experiences. Come on editors; football is not synonymous with male genitals.
Today, I happened upon a pleasant image. Well, I digress: An initially troubling image edited to be downright delightful. Credit for the editing process due to RequiemOfSyris via reddit.com I have to agree that spectacles, a study and/or library, tea and modest apparel are a much more appealing magazine recipe than nudity and a laundromat. But without further adieu, the image itself:

Just to make things crystal clear, the magazines I am reading (and thus currently carrying in my bag) are as follows: The Economist, Mother Jones, In These Times, Maclean's, The Walrus and Scientific American Mind. Horn tooting? Maybe. But I feel it fair to share the things I'm reading/concerned about for the sake of accountability and whatnot.
--- chRistie
0 comments:
Post a Comment